Pages

Saturday 24 August 2013

How To Get Rich Quick... Get Sick!

Working two jobs, paying the rent, paying the bills. Sounds pretty average right? I mean, we all can name dozens of people doing the same thing right now. So how did i manage to save up enough cash fund my escape? Well i didn't do it alone, I got help from an 'unconventional' organisation and at the same time had an unforgettable experience.


Flucamp. Yes, it is exactly what it sounds like... That is, if you thinking 'Flucamp sounds like where you take multiple trips to the heart of London to undergo rigorous trails and tests to determine your physical capabilities, your mental capabilities and your pre-existing medical history (including genetic implications). All culminating in a Fifteen day Quarantine period as your body is introduced to a particular strain of rhino-virus, then being left to allow the infection to spread before being subject to the latest version of a manufactured chemical 'cure' in the hope that no adverse effects arise and the compound can be approved for use in general public'  ... well if you were thinking that i would be very impressed indeed because thats exactly what flucamp is!

The fact is, medical trails are very common. (more so when you travel further a field to places like the united states of america but nether-the-less we've all heard of them) and the compensation you receive (for the relatively short time it takes to complete) is huge. Not to mention the additional money you save by not having to pay for food, water or accommodation for the time your in there.



'Perfect!' I thought to myself. Hearing this medical trail was accepting applicants was music to my ears. The money they offered was substantial and would be a huge boost to my savings pot. I quite literally wasted no time in texting back to the number to request a phone interview.


Now, I realise writing this, that this method of 'earning' money may seem a tad extreme to some people and certainly when I told people that I was planning to go ahead with it all the reactions were mixed to say the least! With the expected remarks of "you're crazy! i'd never do that! what if you grow an extra eyeball or something?" I think my favourite comment was "I'll see if you survive it before I ever apply"


Despite the somewhat sceptical outlook that those close to me shared, I was quite confident and even rather excited at the opportunity (not least of all because after discussing the details of the trail I learnt i was to receive three and a half thousand pounds for the time I would spend there)



So lets fast forward to after my first blood screening, they checked here if my white blood cells were correct, they were. Continue past my second physical screening where my lung and heart were put under scrutiny... I passed. All the way up to my first day in the quarantine unit... The picture is me on the first day in a rather fetching face mask. No contact with anyone for the next two weeks. Now a full review of my time in flucamp would take far to long to write about here... So if anyone is interested as much as I was at the thought of this (or any other medical trail) then you can see the Vlog I made whilst inside. One video each day the whole way through.


The long and short of it is that for two weeks of sitting in a room alone i was given three months wages.  Now if anyone can find an easier way for the average joe to make that much money then feel free to add your ideas for us all to know!



Here we go then. After making the decision to get up and do it the first priority was to increase my income with a second job. The second step for me was to find a way to dramatically increase my savings in a short space of time. Next was where it starts to get fun... how on earth do you begin to plan  your life after leaving everything you know behind. Thats my next challenge...

        

No comments:

Post a Comment